Jamestown Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, we want to help. At Humble Law Offices, we’re committed to helping victims recover the compensation they deserve. Contact experienced Jamestown truck accident lawyer Scott Humble for a free consultation.
Accidents involving large commercial trucks have been on the rise in recent years. Truck accidents often result in serious injury or even death for those involved. In 2013, for example, semi-truck accidents resulted in nearly 4,000 deaths in the U.S., a 17-percent increase from 2009.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a truck accident, there are laws in place to protect your rights. A qualified Jamestown truck accident lawyer can help you and your family recover the compensation you deserve.
Call the truck accident attorneys at Humble Law Offices today. Our legal team is committed to helping victims of truck accidents fight for their rights and for the compensation they deserve. A truck accident can cause significant pain and suffering for victims and their families. Our mission is to manage the legal process to allow families to focus on recovering.
Why You Need a Jamestown Truck Accident Lawyer
Professional truck drivers have a responsibility to share the roads with other drivers. Unfortunately, the industry is infamous for unsafe work conditions. Truck drivers, for example, can be pressured to work long hours on very little sleep, they may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or may be operating faulty equipment.
These unsafe and negligent conditions put innocent drivers in danger. Yet, major commercial trucking companies are often backed by aggressive legal departments and insurance companies. These companies often bully victims and pressure them into signing significantly undervalued settlements.
A Jamestown truck accident lawyer helps you build a case to determine fault. We work hard to investigate the accident and determine what caused the wreck. Our investigations include:
- Working with experts to reconstruct the accident
- Collecting black box data
- Working with police and traffic safety investigators
- Investigating FMCSR violations
- Proving violations of driver safety violations
Additionally, our team will aggressively defend your rights against insurance companies and trucking company lawyers. Our goal is to fight for the compensation you and your family deserve, and provide an aggressive defense against low-ball settlement offers.
Truck Accident Compensation for Victims
For victims and their families, accidents involving semi-trucks causes serious emotional, physical and financial stress. Injuries can result in significant medical bills, lost wages, and years of pain and suffering. And long-term disabilities can prevent victims from returning to a normal life.
A death – the most horrific of consequences – causes a lifetime of pain and emotional distress for families and survivors.
As a victim, you’re entitled to compensation for your suffering. There are two forms of compensation available in personal injury cases: Compensatory and punitive damages.
Compensatory damages include funds to help you pay for your recovery and respond to the long-term consequences of your injuries. This type of compensation might help you pay for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Long-term disability and disfigurement
- Loss of normal life
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
Punitive damages are awarded on top of compensatory damages. This a form of financial punishment for the defendant. In truck accident cases, punitive damages may be issued if the driver acted with malice or gross negligence (for example failing to adhere to on-the-job safety requirements).
What You Should Do After an Accident
Truck accidents are some of the most violent and horrific motor vehicle accidents. They cause significant injuries, especially for those in the vehicle that was struck. In the immediate aftermath of an accident, your primary focus should be on your safety.
- Seek Medical Attention – Call 911 immediately after the accident if you’re able to. The safety of yourself and your passengers is more important than anything.
- Contact Police – If you’re able to, contact law enforcement. Police officers will ask you about the accident and the steps leading up to it. Try to recall as much detail as possible, although it’s likely you will not remember exactly what happened due to physical and mental shock. Even if the accident was minor, call police.
- Document Evidence & Injuries – On the scene, if you’re able, collect evidence of the scene. Take pictures and videos. Collect contact information and names of witnesses. Document the time of day and conditions. This information can help your attorney build your case. Similarly, document any injuries that you have and where you feel pain.
- Do Not Talk with Insurance Companies – No matter what – DO NOT admit fault to insurance companies or law enforcement. This can be used against you later (even if it was inaccurate) and make your case more difficult. The trucking company’s insurance team will likely ask you detailed questions. You are not required to answer them. These questions will often be designed to protect their clients (the truck driver) and hurt your case.
- Seek Professional Legal Assistance – Following an accident, you will likely have numerous questions about what to do, the legal steps to take, and what you should say to investigators. A Jamestown truck accident lawyer can help you defend your rights and help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Get a FREE Case Evaluation Today
At Humble Law Offices, we’re committed to helping protect the rights of victims. If you’ve been in a trucking accident, we want to help. Call us today for a free case evaluation with an experienced Jamestown truck accident lawyer. Our team will provide legal advice, help you determine what you should do, and help you begin to build a case.