Jamestown Bus Accident Lawyer
Have you been involved in a bus accident – as a passenger or driver of another vehicle? Jamestown bus accident lawyer Scott Humble can help you recover compensation for your injuries.
Commuters rely on bus operators every day for transportation. Yet, unfortunately, one operator’s mistake can have life-altering consequences for passengers or drivers of other vehicles on the road.
Have you or a loved one been involved in a bus accident? You might be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Contact Jamestown bus accident lawyer Scott Humble to learn more about your case. If you’ve been involved in an accident, you should be focused on your recovery, not on paying medical bills, recovering lost wages, or fighting with insurance companies. That’s how we can help. Our legal team manages the process for you and fights for the settlement you deserve, so you can focus on your recovery.
Call today for a free case evaluation and to learn more about your legal options.
Types of Bus Accidents
Bus accidents occur every week in the U.S., and often times, they result in serve injuries for those involved. In general, there are two ways you might have been involved in an accident:
- Passengers of Bus Accidents – Your safety is the responsibility of the bus company, whether you’re a passenger on a tour bus, school bus, shuttle bus, commuter bus or charter bus. These accidents can be caused for a number of reasons: Driver negligence, bus malfunctions, or unsafe bus conditions. If you’ve been injured as a passenger on a bus, the bus company may be liable for your injuries.
- Driver of Vehicle – Bus accidents involving cars, trucks and other motor vehicles are often horrific and can result in significant injury or property damage. If you were driving a car or motor vehicle that collided with a bus, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Contact an attorney right away to protect your rights following an accident.
Jamestown Bus Accident Lawyer Scott Humble: Protecting Victim’s Rights
Many bus accident victims wonder, do I need an attorney? In short, the answer is yes. A professional advocate is an important ally for victims of bus accidents.
Here’s why: Many bus operators – from charter operators, to city bus companies – work closely with their insurance companies and legal departments. These operators are required to carry million-dollar policies and are backed by aggressive lawyers.
As such, their insurers and lawyers are primarily focused on the bottom line. It’s not uncommon for victims of bus accidents to be offered significantly undervalued settlements that do not fully cover their recoveries or to be bullied into signing a low-ball settlement.
That’s how a qualified Jamestown bus accident lawyer can help.
When you a hire an experienced legal team, your lawyers work hard to defend your rights and build your case. Your legal team will collect evidence to prove liability. Additionally, a personal injury lawyer will fight with insurers to maximize your settlement and help you receive the compensation you deserve.
After an accident, you and your family should be focused on your recovery. It’s our job to defend your rights, manage the legal process, and help you recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other forms of compensation.
What Types of Compensation Are Available for Victims?
Bus accident victims experience many new challenges. Following an accident, a victim might face severe pain and suffering from their injuries. Additionally, they face financial strains from medical bills, lost wages, and long-term disability that can compound the stress that victims face.
People involved in these types of accidents are entitled to compensation to recover from their injuries. You may qualify for many types of compensation to cover:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of normal life (e.g. not being able to return to hobbies)
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Long-term disability
An experienced Jamestown bus accident lawyer works hard to recover compensation to help you fully recover. That might include recovering funds to help cover your medical expenses, to make up for the income you have lost, and for many other long-term consequences of the accident. Ultimately, it is the bus company’s responsibility to make you “whole” following an accident. A lawyer will fight hard to help you receive all the funds necessary for your recovery.
What to Do If You’ve Been in a Bus Accident
A bus accident is a harrowing experience for those involved, and often, in the immediate aftermath, victims are in shock and are unsure of what to do. If you’ve been involved in an accident, there are a few steps you can take to protect your safety and your rights:
- Medical Attention – First and foremost, seek medical attention. It will be the operator’s responsibility to contact first responders. Yet, if the operator is unable or unwilling, don’t hesitate to call 911. If the bus is unsafe, you should move from the scene to a location nearby that’s out of harm’s way.
- Call Police – Bus operators are required to contact police following an accident. Be sure someone contacts police if the operator does not. When law enforcement arrives on the scene, they will want to talk with you about your experience. Offer details about what happened leading up to the accident, yet if you were driving a vehicle that collided with a bus DO NOT admit fault.
- Document Evidence – If you’re able to, collect evidence at the scene. That might include the names and contact information of witnesses and passengers, the bus driver’s name and insurance contact. Additionally, take photos and/or videos of the scene and document what you remember about the accident.
- Document Injuries – Take an accounting of your injuries if you’re able to. This might include areas where you feel pain, where you have visible injuries, or where you’re bleeding.
- Do Not Admit Fault – For drivers involved in a bus-car collision, do not admit fault. You might not fully understand the laws, and you might inaccurately admit fault to first responders or an insurance company. Admitting fault to law enforcement or an insurer can harm your case.
- Contact an Attorney – A lawyer will help you protect your rights in the immediate aftermath of an accident. Call a lawyer right away, whether you’re a passenger or driver of another vehicle. A lawyer will advise you on what to say to investigators, as well as about your rights as a victim.
It’s important that you seek medical and legal advice quickly. Often with bus accidents, you will have a limited timeframe to seek medical attention (for example, in some areas, it’s just 6 months). Therefore, it’s important that you seek medical attention and file a claim quickly against a bus operator.
Get a FREE Case Evaluation Today
Jamestown bus accident lawyer Scott Humble is committed to helping victims recover compensation and return to their normal lives. If you’ve been involved in a bus accident, don’t hesitate to call. Our legal team is available to discuss your case, provide legal advice, and help you start building a case.